Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Journal Two Emaleigh Haimerl

Hi my name is Emaleigh Haimerl but I go by Ema. Some things to know about me are that I like to paint and hang out with my boyfriend. During the week besides school during the week I also hangout with my family and then on the weekends I go hangout with my boyfriend and his family. Some fun facts about me are that I love to read murder mystery's and hang out with family and my boyfriend. And when i'm not doing either of those I am watching movies/shows on Netflix.

This is like the 5th photo I took with my boyfriend after a cavaliers game.
The theme that has stood out to me in The House On Mango Street is you don’t always get what you want. I feel like this is important because Esperanza talked about their dream house they would own with running water and pipes, real stairs, a big yard, etc. and they didn’t get that house, they got a small house with “windows so small you’d think they were holding their breath.” (Cisneros, 1984) I have experienced this theme in my life by currently trying to build a home and something keeps going wrong so we can’t move into our home until next year now and we have to rent a house until our home is built. My favorite passage from the book is “my hair is lazy. It never obeys barrettes or bands.” (Cisneros, 1984) This is my favorite quote because my hair is like this and unless I dry it and straighten it, it does nothing I want and just curls.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ema! I also like to do art. Also, I like to watch Netflix in my free time also.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.