Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Journal Two from Corinna

Corinna Hardin
English 1109
August 28, 2019


Hello, my name is Corinna Hardin. I am 18 years old. I am really shy, I open up more once I’m more comfortable around you. A fun fact about me is that I love traveling. I mainly only go on mini adventures, just around here in Ohio. I’ve also been to Arizona, Florida, and California. I’d have to say California was my favorite place I’ve been to. I’d love to go back one day. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends.

The “Our Good Day” theme stood out to me the most in The House on Mango Street. I feel like this chapter is important because it’s a start to her new life. She’s making new friends, that she might have for a lifetime. If she stays at The House On Mango Street. My favorite passage was “I wish my name was Cassandra or Alexis or Maritza- anything but Esperanza- but when I tell them my name they don’t laugh.” (Cisneros 15) I chose this passage because we both have unique names. They could be difficult to pronounce, and they’re both uncommon. 


My Friends and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.