Two of my bestfriends and I.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Journal Two Marissa Hardin
My name is Marissa, I am from Marengo, Ohio which is about 30 minutes from campus. I enjoy driving. Recently, my friends moved up to Bowling Green and Kent for college, and I will probably drive up there a lot to visit, both are about 2 hour drives. Also, I love going on adventures with my friends, and my dog. I also enjoy going to concerts, and music in general. My favorite artists are Khalid, Frank Ocean, Shawn Mendes, Mac Miller, and many more.
The theme that sticks out to me the most in The House On Mango Street is, change. Esperanza is always moving from house to house, making new friends everywhere she moves, and changing everything in her life. This is important, because change can be good, it doesn’t always have to be scary. I have experienced changes in my life a few times. I have moved houses 8 years ago, and started over. A new house, a new school, and new people in my life. Now, I am starting college and starting over again, for my future, which is a great thing. Change can be exciting. My favorite passage from the book is, “I would like to baptize myself under a new name, a name more like the real me, the one nobody sees.” P.11 I like this line because it is real. I haven’t really read anything that has real stories, and real thoughts. I really like that people can relate to this, and it sounds powerful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can relate to that feeling of moving houses and leavening a lot of things you used to know behind when I was 5 I lived with my mom and we had to move 3 times till she finally settled down.
ReplyDeleteMusic festivals and concerts are so fun, I enjoy going to them as well! I really like Mac Miller and Khalid too.
ReplyDeleteI have never moved before, so that's really awesome that you were able to transition and make new friends.