Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Journal 8 - Corinna Hardin

The profile that meant the most to me in today's reading was Sol Aramendi. She is an artist and educator. This profile means a lot to me because I like art as well. I think it can really help you in difficult times. It is calming and relaxing. “Something that I have learned throughout the years is that the only person that can change you is yourself.” 

My best personal connection will also be Sol Aramendi. I use art to relax, to feel calm, and to feel free. I also moved away from my home town and felt lost for awhile. I felt lost without my family members and old friends being close around me. It took me awhile to adjust also. I later on found. New friends that will last for a lifetime. I’m glad I was able to meet these people and experience new things and opportunities.

One thing I learned from my active reading today is to always thank people. You never know how it’ll impact  them. It’ll make their day. Another thing I learned is to follow your heart. Do what makes you happy, not to make others happy. One vocabulary word I found it was in the chapter of the firefighter and police detective that died on 9/11. John Vigiano Jr. and Joe Vigiano. I picked the word “facsimile” because I didn’t know what it meant. It is an exact copy,especially of written or printed material. Or to just simply make a copy of.  My research question is, Is tattoo removal painful? It can cause some pain. Many say it hurts less than expected, but some say it feels like you're getting another tattoo.
Art Expresses Freedom 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Corinna! I really enjoy your Journal. I definitely agree with you on the need to always thank others. I know that personally I need to work on improving that skill as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture you chose, goes well with your topic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.