The profile that meant most to me so far is The ICU Nurse
Michelle Alore. This profile meant the most to me because my grandpa’s been in
the ICU before for being really sick, and it was really scary. “Her family
never wanted to give up hope. They just had this incredible courage that gave
us a lot of hope, too. But we just couldn’t fix her, and we had nothing to
offer other than keeping her out of pain and taking care of her family.” (Alore,
139) ICU nurses are very kind, and give their all.
The profile I had the most personal connection with was, Farmer
Johnny Bradley, because my dad does some farm work. My dad works with cows and
pigs and crop. He grew up farming with his Uncle, and liked it a lot. He also
has a job during the week, but farms at night and on the weekends. I like the
quote, “When a man quits, it’s over. And when I quit, I want them to put dirt
on me.” (Bradley, 92) My dad has the same mindset of never giving up, and he
wants me to have the same mindset too.
One of my favorite quotes from my active reading was from
Gayle Lynn, 72…, “Always, always forever. And maybe when we get to heaven, he
will be there. I’d like to give him a hug, smell his pipe tobacco, and have a
laugh. I’d like to tell him some of his stories and see if he agrees that’s exactly
how it is. I think it was. That’s what I really believe.” (Lynn, 103) A vocab
word I didn’t know was facsimile, it means, an exact copy. One of my research
questions was, how long does it take to become an ICU Nurse? Nurses must have
at least 2 years experience in working with critical care patient.
ICU
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.