Collin thacker
10-23-2019
John Heyn, 56, talks with his uncle
Herman Heyn, 83, a street corner
astronomer
Two major conclusions i came up with were to never give up and to always persevere.
I said to never give up because if there is something that you really want in life ( not like a Ferrari or big house) something that you want with every fiber of your being... then shoot for the stars (literally) because it is yours for the taking! Dont just give up on your dreams, pursue them and conquer your greatest fears. If you believe it, you can achieve it. So go now and have a clear mind and a steady foot and you’ll go far. The odds were against him as he said “...,but I had learning disabilities...” (Dave Isay 11) but he did just that, he never gave up!
I also said to always persevere because you will come up against conflicts and trials in life and the main thing is to never forget who you are and push through to reach the other side. It’s always easier said then done. But that is the thing though it CAN BE DONE! “You can spell Andromeda, but you cant spell anything they want you to in school.”(Isay 11) He learned what he needed to in his own way.
This is the andromeda galaxy known for its beauty and brilliant shine in the night sky especially during the winter months

I also believe that if you have a goal and know that you want to achieve it you have to persevere through it.
ReplyDeleteHey Collin! I really enjoyed reading your post! I liked the conclusions you drew, that he never gave up and perseverance. Those are important traits and it helped him find his passion and what he wanted in life and who he was. All those jobs Heyn has gone through helped him realize those weren't for him and he kept looking for this dream job and calling.
ReplyDelete