Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Journal 6 Marissa Hardin

My favorite character was Esther. She is very kind, caring and has a good soul. “None of what happened was your fault. You were a little boy, and anytime you want to tell me anything, I am here to listen.” She stared at me, trying to catch my eye so she could assure me of what she just said.”p. 160 She looked past all the bad things Beah had done and accepted him. She sees the good in people, no matter what they have done.

I feel very proud and happy for Ismael. It’s possible, I’ve seen it. I would accept him to move to my neighborhood because he is a good person. You can’t just judge someone for what you think. You don’t know what they’ve been though.

Beah was very good at describing things. He described them so well that you could picture it into your mind and see it, like a movie. I liked that about his writing because it was interesting and not boring.

“When I was a child, my grandmother told me that the sky speaks to those who look and listen to it. She said, “In the sky there are always answers and explanations for everything: every pain, every suffering, joy, and confusion.” That night I wanted the sky to talk to me.” P.166 I really like this passage because it is written very well. It stood out to me because it is very emotional, and we have all felt like Beah at least once to twice in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.