Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Journal 5 Robert Nicol


Robert Nicol
English 1109 Mon Wed
10/8/19
Cisneros, Role models

     For me I’d say a very meaningful chapter in the book would be “my name” in this chapter espeaza talks about disliking her name and how she doesn’t want to inherit her great grandmother role in life just because she has her name. She wants to make her own place for herself in the world. And has high hopes and dreams she wants to achieve from life. “I have inherited her name, I don’t want to inherit her place by the window” (Cisneros, 11).

   I relate to this in the way that I have always strived and wanted more from life. I have always felt there more for me to be doing or that I have higher potential than what is being reached yet I cannot capture it or find it. I don’t want to be just another Robert I want more from myself.
   Though on another end of the spectrum one of my role models is my friend William we met in my 9th grade class of high school and we became good friends he is super goofy and has always swayed me to be more goofy and less on the serious side of things. While it has not always been the right time to goof around he truly showed me Theresa more to life than accomplishments and status.
My friend 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.