English 1109
26 November 2019
Journal Nine
Part One- My question was what does the Library in Lake City South Carolina named the Dr. Ronald E. McNair Life History Center look like? So I did some research to see if was still there and open and yes it is. If you ever want to see it if you are driving through or by Lake City South Carolina here is the address is 221 E Main St, Lake City, SC 29560. Phone number to the History Center is (843) 374-0046.
| This Monument is outside the Center |
![]() |
| Here is what the outside of the History Center looks like. |
Part Two- One theme I saw was that everyone in this book went through something bad or had to conquer something to get where they are today or find there calling. I think the profile that had the biggest impact and connection to my life was probably the NBA Referee(Pages 27-30). Why I say that is because my dad thinks I should just go get a state job and not go to college. Then on the other hand there is my mom that is right by my side, saying keep going for Pharmacy and just keep going to college in general so I can do something I love everyday. This kind of connects to me because how Kogurt's Mom didn't want him to follow his dreams and become a doctor or a lawyer. But his dad was right by his side the whole way just like my mom will be.

Hey Keaton! I relate to what you mean about your parents wanting you to different things. My parents also have their ways of forcing me to try and do what they think is best for me and not really wanting me to follow my dreams necessarily.
ReplyDeleteI thought that your question on the library in lake city was interesting. I'm glad to see that the library is still there and open
ReplyDeleteI think it is super interesting that the library is still open.
ReplyDelete