One:
The profile in our readings in Callings for today that meant the most to me so far was Policewoman Pat Hays. This profile has meant the most to me so far because as Pat frequently speaks on throughout is that women are very heavily stereotyped. A quote from this profile that represents the large stereotype of women is, “As Policewomen, our duties were mostly in the youth division...” (Isay 159). This Quote helps identify some of the stereotyping that women were forced into just as a policewoman. Stereotyping is still occurring and will always be occurring throughout the world but, we as humans can find a way to at least lessen how much and how extreme we stereotype others.
The profile in our readings in Callings for today that meant the most to me so far was Policewoman Pat Hays. This profile has meant the most to me so far because as Pat frequently speaks on throughout is that women are very heavily stereotyped. A quote from this profile that represents the large stereotype of women is, “As Policewomen, our duties were mostly in the youth division...” (Isay 159). This Quote helps identify some of the stereotyping that women were forced into just as a policewoman. Stereotyping is still occurring and will always be occurring throughout the world but, we as humans can find a way to at least lessen how much and how extreme we stereotype others.
Two:
My best personal connection so far in callings was to the Oncology Nurse. I personally related to this the most because I have a grandma who is currently fighting for her life because of cancer. I have had multiple family members who have undergone chemo therapy because of their cancer and I have found that their nurse’s usually mean so much more to them than their doctor’s. Sometimes people don’t realize how much more influential a nurse in a hospital can be than a doctor. I believe that nurses especially Oncology nurses, such as Dana Viviano deserve much more recognition and support for the many things that they have an impact on in a patient who may or may not be undergoing intensive treatment and needing extensive care.
My best personal connection so far in callings was to the Oncology Nurse. I personally related to this the most because I have a grandma who is currently fighting for her life because of cancer. I have had multiple family members who have undergone chemo therapy because of their cancer and I have found that their nurse’s usually mean so much more to them than their doctor’s. Sometimes people don’t realize how much more influential a nurse in a hospital can be than a doctor. I believe that nurses especially Oncology nurses, such as Dana Viviano deserve much more recognition and support for the many things that they have an impact on in a patient who may or may not be undergoing intensive treatment and needing extensive care.
![]() |
| This is a form of a Menial Job |
Three:
One Vocabulary word from my reading today was, menial jobs from page 142. A menial job is a job that requires a little to no skill and respect for others and/ or the quality of the item. My research question is, what is Storycorps? Storycorps as I researched is a non- profit organization that’s main job to maintain many stories of Americans with a variety of backgrounds and beliefs. It was founded by our author Dave Isay.
One Vocabulary word from my reading today was, menial jobs from page 142. A menial job is a job that requires a little to no skill and respect for others and/ or the quality of the item. My research question is, what is Storycorps? Storycorps as I researched is a non- profit organization that’s main job to maintain many stories of Americans with a variety of backgrounds and beliefs. It was founded by our author Dave Isay.

I agree, many jobs are stereotyped when they shouldn't be.
ReplyDeleteI like your point about sterotyped jobs. I believe anyone should do any job they want, no matter what their gender is.
ReplyDeleteOne of my research questions was what is storycorps? but i never got around to looking it up.
ReplyDelete