Eng 1109 at 1:30 M-W
October 24, 2019
Out of the story, one of the two major conclusions I have for Sharon Long is that she second-guesses herself. In the book, Long says "I didn't ever believe in myself, but they all encouraged me, and it felt good" (Isay, 23). When she had said that it made me seem like oh she doesn't think she is good enough at this but even when she didn't believe in herself there were people asking her to travel to Easter Island to fo molds of skulls for them.
Another major conclusion I have is that even though this job gave her arthritis and she thought she wouldn't have anyone else call her once technology started doing so much that she still loved it because she never gave up and stopped doing it. The question I had for this profile is if she got arthritis from this why keep doing it and keep putting herself in pain.
![]() |
| This is a photo of a skull cast which is what Long had to make and she made about 86 skulls and that was in 2015. |

I hope I can find a job that I love and want to do every day like she did, even through pain like how she developed arthritis and continued. I can also kind of relate to her because I second guess myself all the time over the littlest things.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about Sharon Long. Her love for her career is inspiring for me and many others in college. She is very dedicated in her work which made me like reading about her story.
ReplyDeleteI loved your question it truly irked me to realize the meaning of such a deep thought... if its giving her arthritis, then why continue?
ReplyDelete